Saturday, 25 January 2014

He invents a charm that makes him invisible

Hi everyone. Hope you've been having a good week. It went so quickly for me and I hardly did anything. But, one thing I did do was summon  ask my boyfriend if he would take some photos of me in my new favourite dress and he obliged (Thank you again!) 


fashion blogger uk black alternative teen
 Wondering how I can get my hair to be like Uma Thurman's in the background 

black fashion blogger, uk, teen,

black fashion blogger, uk, aida amoako, this kid is alright, sunshinesuperwoman
Dress: Camden Market
Necklace: Ebay
Creepers: Underground

 I'm in love with this dress. I got in from a little shop in Camden about two weeks ago. It's quite a thin material but it's so silky and perfect for putting a petticoat under. It makes me feel like Violet Baudelaire or a child in Edward Gorey book.



I got the ring years ago in Primark, It used to have floral material covering it but I cut it off and now it's like a yellow-y gemstone. I love the lace front of the dress although if I was wearing it out, which I'm planning to this week, I would definitely have to wear something underneath because it's so cold in Brighton at the moment. The last picture was a sort of behind-the-scenes picture but I love it because I love all my shoes. 3 pairs of Doc Martens, a pair of Creepers and a pair of Chelsea boots. 

Have a great weekend everyone. Here's a Bjork vs The Cure mashup which is amazing and ethereal and spooky and actually kind of genius: 



43 comments :

  1. Mia Wallace's hairstyle is just iconic! You look too cool, girl^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr! woman crush and thank you so much <3

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore your dress, you look fab!

    Amy x
    http://sulkyteenager.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god this outfit is flawless! Giving off some real witch-y vibes, its like the prefect awkward length dress! Wow, you work it so well! and your hair is beaut!
    (p.s. I am so jel of your doc marten collection!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you!! :) I love the length too!

      Delete
  4. you look amazing! and omg your shoe collection is perfect:'')

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh your outfit is beyond perfection and your shoe collection is so (!!!!!!) I apologize for the exclamation points but really those shoes are amazing. xx

    kanyinsola // velveteenstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love exclamation marks! thanks for so many hehe thank you '<3

      Delete
  6. Your shoes and all those other shoes are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shoe collection is so effortlessly cool. Jealous.
    x
    Khenzo
    www.glitterdaiquiri.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you don't have to wonder if your hair looks like mia's, it already does!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mission accomplished! hehe thanks <3

      Delete
  9. Cool dress and shoes! Thanks for your comment and great to see what you're doing here, I guess it's hard to find other black bloggers to relate to because there are less doing it. Despite this I've found some great reads, The Musings of NRC, Bisous Natasha, In My Sunday Best all showing individuality. I've just accepted that I need to get inspiration from different kinds of people, hopefully there'll be more coming along to revolutionise things soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and yeah I hope so too. thanks for the recs :)

      Delete
  10. That dress is something I would love to own, oh my god, you're so lucky you found it! Omgomgomg, I now want one too...
    Thank you for stopping by the other day, you made me happy :)
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miriam! and no problem your blog is great :) x

      Delete
  11. The Uma Thurman poster! Ugh jealous! Also that dress is so beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that poster and that dress is amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, you are soo adorable! Your dress is perfect, I wish I could pull off something like that. I''m sending so much envy your way :-)

    http://mashurmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you you're so nice <3 xx

      Delete
  14. Hey, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :)

    Your dress here is adorable, especially with the creepers, inspiring me to dig my creepers out again…
    Love your blog and all that you talk about (can you say Arabella<3) so I'm now following you! x

    http://www.ifellfromlalaland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. that dress is amazing!! i love your shoes too c:

    ReplyDelete
  16. just visited your blog and already in love with your style and hair!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you very much for your cute comment!
    how comes that you can speak german? :)

    Marina Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I studied German for 7 years at school :)

      Delete
  18. beautiful outfit xx

    Ruby
    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is as so fantastic!! Love the poster! Want the poster!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you! if I find it again I'll send one to you! x

      Delete
  20. such a perfect outfit! and honey your hair is so marvelous. styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found your blog through a comment you left on Marlena's blog (self-constructed-freak for those of you who don't know) and you're seriously cool! I'm totally in love with your entire look in this post and I'm super jealous of your Pulp Fiction poster x
    not-on-trend.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I soo wish I was cool! thank you! you're so lovely xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love reading them!